Neefer Sews, Crochets, Crafts, Swims, and Blathers about Kids

Acorns to Oaktrees

August 19th, 2007 at 12:26 am

McCall’s M4887

in: Sewing

Changes: took in 2 inches. Moved front straps in 1 inch & back straps meet in CB.

Update 8-15-07: I finished the underdress except for hemming it. The fabric, a poly brocade with chrysanthamums, for the vest is laid out on the cutting table.

Update 9-18-07: I really don’t like working on the Halloween costumes. I put it off. I find other things to do. I play computer games. I’d say that I cleaned the bathrooms, but I’d rather work on the Halloween costumes. The underdress is finished. The vest is mostly finished; it has its hook & eye closure, but we haven’t embellished it yet. I want to do that with Chunguita’s input. It’s the fun part, picking out all the neat little bits to sew to the vest.

Chunguita decided that she wanted wings that attach to her hands so that she can flap them. That is much easier than the wings in the costume. The wings are finished. I have a tube ready for the hand scunchies, and then those will be all done, too.

That leaves the overskirt. Chunguita wants the skirt from view D, of course. I really don’t like working with tulle. What’s worse is that one of the colors is light pink, which is nearly invisible to my aging eyes. Each layer of the skirt has 3 layers and 2 pieces, a front and a back. That equals cutting out 18 pieces to make the @#$% skirt.

The overskirt instructions are stupid. They have you sew each front to each back. I suppose that way the layers can shift and float separately, but screw that. I sewed all the layers together at once.

And so now, I am basting the top of each big layer of the underskirt together.

Category: Sewing Tags: , , , , ,

« || »

Comments are closed.

  • Historical Adventures of Neefer

    July 2018
    S M T W T F S
    « Apr    
  • Archives

  • My latest uploads to Flickr

  • Follow me

  • Connect with me